National Novel Writing Month is over and while I failed to get to the 50,000 word goal, I did manage to get almost 30,000 words added to the ‘A Difficult Dinner’ manuscript. As with the last two years I’ve decieded that November is perhaps one of the worst months to try and do this feat. A combination of Thanksgiving, gout, sickness, and overly busy schedule kept me from getting my word count. Well, all of those plus a good deal of procrastination.
But not to worry. I’ve gotten a good start on the end of the novel and I plan on having its first draft finished by the first of the year. I’m expecting that it’ll be closer to 120,000 words when it’s all said and done.