I spent a good part of yesterday working with the lovely Lady Ronn on her video documentary. We did shot a bit of B-roll, bounced ideas around, and did more than a few takes of the interview. As I write this, I can hear her editing video in the kitchen. I’m very curious to see what she comes up with and anticipating the final product. Hopefully, she’ll be happy enough with the final cut to let me share it with you.
I’ve got to be honest with you, and I know this is a timing issue, we did not shoot all the shots I wanted to do. It’s due next week and at some point you’ve just got to work with the footage you have. Maybe she’ll let me have the raw video and audio footage, because I’d love to take a shot at editing it together and see what I come up with. Not that I think mine would be better, but it would probably be very different. We have dissimilar opinions on what this Ronn McCarrick: Creative Investigator documentary should be. Also, she’s far more serious than I am.
Today, I cleaned up the backyard a bit, but mostly I fought with this damn website. FTP isn’t working the way I expect it to, the graphics are still wonky in the header, my media library is a mess, and a thousand other little things. It is the very definition of a chore that can never be completed. But rather than breaking things more than they already are I did laundry and took the trash to the curb.
I’ve been stewing around a mess of thoughts on the November novel and I haven’t been able to pick a good idea out of the pot. Right now, my inclination is to just pants it, but I have a very ugly history with doing that. Inevitably I get 10,000 words into an unoutlined project and it just dies on the page. I don’t need a hard-and-fast, set-in-stone outline, but I do need some road signs and distance markers to keep me going through to the 50k mark. So I will continue to stir this pot until I come up with something. I mean, I’ve got, like, 11-days. No worries.