Just a quick update on all the home renovation going on around these parts. They’re still working on fencing in the backyard. They’re working hard, but I can’t get them to put a full day in and just get it done. Last night they completed most of it, but there are still a few slats that need to be put up and they haven’t built the gate yet. They ran out of slats so I can’t blame them for that and I made them resize the gate, so that’s probably my fault. But it just was not going to be big enough. Word is that it will all get completed today.
I wrote parts of this earlier, the latest update is that, the fence guy could not find pickets or lumber to finish up. He’s going to try and get back here tomorrow, Friday at the latest. Well, at least with my garbage can gate I can put the dog out without putting him on the leash.
Monday they dropped the shingles on the roof and all the extras in my front yard. This morning the roofers showed up before 7:00 a.m. and before I was even out of the shower. So there was a bit of a scramble to get dressed, move cars, and calm the dog down. But by the time I had was ready to leave for work at 8:00 a.m., 3/4 of the shingles were already off of the roof. They told me the roof would take 2 days and at this point I would be surprised is they weren’t done early.
Done in one day. They started at 7 a.m. and when I got home at 5 p.m. half the crew was cleaning up and the other half were finishing up the little details. A different crew will be coming by tomorrow to put up the gutters. Amazing how fast a crew of 6 or 8 guys can get something like this done. They came back and picked up the trailer at about quarter to nine.
We’ve already put the plants back on the patio. I should hire more things done. This DIY stuff takes to long.
Inside the house, Lady Ronn and I have been just as busy prepping and painting the front room and the hallway for paint. We’ve taken down the light fixtures, patched and sanded the rough bits, and painted the ceiling. Which is always the worst part of painting, except all the other worst parts. With that done we’ve moved on to drywall patching the spots where the thermostat and doorbell used to be, fixing all the minor imperfections, edging in the walls, and painting the trim. It’s not going as fast as we had hoped, but it looks pretty good.
I installed a fancy, aluminum hose reel on the back of the house. I used to have a plastic one there but it did not hold up very well. Hopefully, I won’t hit this one and tear it off the wall with the riding mower.
In unrelated news, The unemployment claim for Lady Ronn was closed on the 20th and she was told to refile. Not sure what that’s all about, but we took care of that last night as well. Not sure if that means she won’t get a check this week.Joys of Home Ownership Read More