Oh sure, there’s lots of stuff left to do. Floor trim and quarter round on top of that, towel bars and paper holder hung, medicine cabinet and vanity mirror put up, gotta do something about the bath fan, then there are doors for the shower and the bathroom itself, but functionally; functionally it’s done and everything works.
The walls are up and finished. The floor is down. Shower is in and plumbed. Toilet is in and plumbed. And as of last night, I can say, the vanity is in and plumbed.
The office, however, is looking a little worse for wear as the project closes in on completion. It’s probably time to put some of these tools away.
I did not get the vanity in place yesterday, or today, for a variety of reasons. First among those is all the wall opening, plumbing rerouting, and drywall repair that I was not expecting to do. But all of that is done now. The vanity fits. The valves don’t leak. The valves are accessible. And you’d almost never know that I had to cut a hole in the wall. I had to cut a spacer for the side of the vanity and I’m staining it to match, but that’s not going as fast as I’d like. I also had to order a side-splash thing, because my walls are not square and I have nearly a half-inch gap on the right side. Which is super frustrating, because I didn’t frame either of these walls. Oh well, it’ a old house.
As I had to wait for that stain to set up before I can darken it up, sand, finish, what-not. I took some time to start setting up the sink faucet and drain. Things are stuck in waiting mode. Can’t cut the trim until the vanity is in place. Can’t place the vanity until the spacer is in place. Can’t sand or restain the spacer until it’s fully dry. But with all that said, I think I did okay this weekend. We can use the tub and the toilet, but doing either would require a decided lack of modesty, as there is no door in place 😉