A Whole Lot of Nothin': The Weekend Edition

So how did your Saint Patrick’s Day holiday go? Mine was nice in a not so Irish sort of way. I ended up working until 6:30 pm, which was freaking me out a little because I’d told Tasha that I’d be at her house between 7:00 – 7:30 …I’m not very good with being late… It causes me more stress than the average bear. I worked on that zone system in Davisburg during the early part of the day and then the office called me at 1:30ish with a no heat installation that they wanted done, like, right now. So I finished what I was doing, packed up my toys, and headed back to pick up the furnace. It was nearly 4:00 when I got there and the old furnace didn’t want to come out. Did I get side tracked? Sorta. Anyway, Tasha and I went to three different bars looking for a little bit of the Irish holiday spirit. I don’t think we stayed a grand total of 10-minutes combined at the bars. What we decided was that maybe had we gone straight from work at 4:00 we’d be in the proper frame of mind to appreciate all the drunken revelry or perhaps if we were just less mature (you can read that as younger) we’d be up to the bawdy loudness of the whole thing. We ended up at a restaurant drinking Killian’s and eating pizza and just enjoying each others company. I’m going to call it the best, worst St. Patrick’s Day ever.

I spent the weekend with Tasha and I believe the word on the street is that we’re officially and item and that we’re gonna give this whole thing another go round. Sure the rules are a little different this time; more couple, less individual. No really. We talked about this. Really. And there will be no living together for at least the duration of her apartment lease, as we both have stuff to get together (that would be our shit) and we want to do that before we try any kind of cohabitation. Also, there has been no talk of rushing back to the altar. Walking maybe, but definitely no rushing.

Friday, I took half a day off and got my legal stuff in order for my buddy Shawn, picked up my boys from school and took them to lunch and let Zachary know that he had a dentist appointment the next morning, and then went out with Tasha for a fish dinner and a little later met her sister at Bourbon Jakes for a few drinks.

Saturday, I took Zachary to the dentist… okay, first I had to wake him up, that’s always a nice way to start out. We were running late, but DAMN, the dentist was really running late. We waited an hour before they even got him in. Needless to say, they didn’t remove his braces this time around. Next time… it’s always next time, or it has been for the last 3 – 4 months anyway. Afterward, we went to CiCi’s for pizza. The lady took our money, gave us our cups, and then basically told us we might want to hurry because there were 80 middle-school kids coming in… they were there before we’d sat at the table. That’s a lot of kids and they are not quiet and they can really go through the pizza. We didn’t stay long, so much for all you can eat. I took the boy back home and then went and did some laundry, caught a short nap (long night), and then headed back to see my dog and my cats… okay, so I was really going back to see Tasha. Sue me.

We went to Chili’s for dinner before going to Best Buy for a little shopping excitement. They wouldn’t give me a credit card, so no laptop for me… thank God! We stopped by Shawn’s place and dropped off the paperwork I referenced above. Then we went home and watched 30 Days of Night, and I’ve got to say, not really a couple movie. Not a lot of romance in that one. Lots of blood. Lots of killing. Some fire. A few vampires. Not a lot of feel good, smiley moments.

Sunday we went to Lowe’s and I went tool crazy again. I picked myself up a DeWALT Hammer drill, cordless angle drill, and a Weber 2-foot ladder. And we went to Target where we both spent some money on things that are no where near as exciting as the tools, though I did get a nose-hair razor… I know TMI. Sorry. I actually watched The Wedding Crashers on the telly… I know, two movies in a weekend; crazy.

Enough about the weekend… I think I’m starting to make myself dizzy trying to remember what I did when. Suffice to say that it was a nice weekend with a lovely lady. Speaking of lovely ladies…

My mother called me yesterday about this whole union job thing that she’s certain my step-brother-in-law thinks he can set me up with. He hasn’t called. She wants me to keep pestering him. I don’t really know him and I’m not sure if working in a union tin shop is really what I’m looking for, but damn if she isn’t getting on my nerves about the whole thing. Maybe I’ll just give him a call later this week and see where we stand on the whole affair. At least then I’ll be able to say I called.

Looks like my buddy, Doug, is telling us all about his Apple/Mac experience… You know, if you care about that sort of crap. Me, well, I just think he needs to post more regularly and get over his fear of “the man” and need to “break the mold”. But that’s just me. And what do I know. A damn lot, that’s what.

Today, not a good day. Let’s not talk about it. Suffice to say that I’m so fed up with so many people around the office that I’m gonna start passing out ball-punches like most people pass out candy on Halloween. Oh, and I was done by 4:00 today when I should have been done much earlier, that’s because I had a helper… I swear this kid makes me work slower. I’m just fed up with repeating myself 3-times before doing things myself. **sigh** It’s just so much easier to do it myself.

That’s about enough for now. I’m out of here. Buh Bye.