Living Room Update

This is just an excuse to show off my handiwork. I’ve been working on a new mantle for the fireplace and a top for the matching planter on the other side of the room. I think the fireplace mantle is looking really nice. It still needs a couple coats of polyurathane, but I’m still trying to get the top to match this color. Once I get that right I’ll poly-coat both of them at the same time.

My family has been waiting for a look at the new furniture, and while the room isn’t done yet, here’s a peak at what we’ve got so far.

Have a look. But please ignore the crazy wires and the dust, these pictures were done ‘impromptu-style’ and I didn’t think about staging the room.

20151108_081028  20151108_08124320151108_081102  20151108_081050