"She's looking at you. Ah, no, no, she's looking at me."

It’s not that I don’t care, I do.

It’s not that I’ve grown bored with the whole thing, I haven’t.

It’s not that I have nothing to say, as a matter of fact I do.

It’s simply that I’m fucking beat. Whooped. Too pooped to party. Wiped out. I haven’t had a day off in nearly two weeks and my on-call last weekend wasn’t an easy one. Nothing Friday night, but the calls started at 2:00am on Saturday… So lots of hours over the weekend. I’m feeling a little run down. But here’s what’s been happening and what is going to happen in the world that I live in.

Friday night I went to Tasha’s with the hope that I wouldn’t get called out on a no heat call, everything was going fine until 2am when a call came in. Then another at 4am. And then one at 7am. Okay, I get it, I’m up. Time to go to work. The 4am and 7am calls were the same guy, seems that by 7:15 he’d already found someone else to come out… ooooooookay, great. The 2am call had one of their three furnaces not working…. 3-furnaces?! Why are you calling me at 2am? Whatever, hours is hours. So I’m off and running calls all day.

Sunday I was running calls as well, the only thing of note is the crazy customer who thinks their new furnace is too loud, they can see light through their chimney liner, and they don’t like the filter that came with the furnace… I drove out to Fenton for this? Okay, one, you can’t see any light out the chimney liner because it’s got a 90-degree bend on it shoots up 35-feet and then has a cap on it and the whole thing is cemented into your chimney… the furnace is loud because you cheaped out and didn’t go with the one we told you was actually quiet and you sit all day in your chair right fucking above it, and yeah, the filter that comes with the furnace is a cheapie. Problem solved. Okay, I was a little more diplomatic than that, but you get the real thought process behind my pretty words.

Monday I started a new job installing a zone system into an existing duct system. It’ll probally take the better part of two weeks to finish. After work I went to Tasha’s, because, well because it was a long damn weekend and I needed some pleasant company. She made a nice dinner and then we bought a movie and a few things at the store. We never quite got around to watching the movie before I had to call it a night and head home 😉

Tuesday and Wednesday I worked on my zone system and after work I went to Tasha’s again to hang out. I watched parts of three movies. I started watching the second Pirates of the Caribbean movie, missed the first 10-minutes and then watched about 20-minutes of it before I realized that The Da Vinci Code was about to start. So we watched that for a bit, an hour or hour-and-a-half before I was just done with that. Some channel surfing and I found The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (a movie that we actually saw together when it came out, and I actually have seen in full). We watched that for a bit and then I called it a night and went home without ever seeing the end. I guess the message here is, I don’t do well with movies. I wouldn’t want to have to watch one with me and you’d do well to not try it. I’m just sayin’. You’ve been warned.

Today was more of the same and as it’s Thursday it’s my on-call. I don’t imagine that I’ll get anything, what with it being 45-degrees today and expecting more of the same tomorrow. Spring ain’t here yet, but it’s getting closer. So I thought I’d better put some of this excitement down on the intraweb.

Tomorrow I’m only working a half day. I’ve got to go to the Secretary of State and get a certified copy of my driving record and to the court house for a notarized copy of my criminal record (I don’t actually have one, but I need something saying that). All this so that a friend of mine Shawn/Broken-knee can get his driving privileges restored… seems he thinks that if I give him a personal reference and proof that I’m not a crazy-lawbreaking-fucker some judge in North Carolina will give him his license back so he can go to truck driving school and start a new career.

I’ll probably get one of those two things done before I have to pick up my boys from school… not sure why, but whatever, I’m a dad, that’s just how we roll… then I’ll have to do the other afterward. And then at some point this weekend I have to actually write that letter of recommendation and get it all to my man by Monday. Did I mention that Monday is St. Patricks Day? Well it is; and I’ve got a lady friend who says that she’s never been out on that particular holiday. Gotta remedy that.

I still haven’t gotten any kind of answer from my boss about a raise and in fact there hasn’t really even been the opportunity to talk to him about it. I may have to do this over the phone, and let me tell you, I don’t like that idea much at all. I may be a little traditional in that I think there are some things you just have to do face to face. And talking about money with the boss is one of those things. I also need to talk to him about hiring my buddy Dave when things start to pick up… we’re too slow right now to bring him in now. I think he’ll be a good tech once he gets rollin’.

I’m planning on spending the whole weekend with my ex-wife/girlfriend/one-hot-piece-of-ass, Tasha, so you’re probably not gonna hear from me until Sunday night. Don’t worry, I’ll be fine.

I’m outta here. Be good. Be bad. But have yourself a merry little weekend. Later